Thursday 13 December 2012

No dessert? Just drink this (or smell it)

The past few days the little windows of joy are producing stranger and stranger concoctions of food described as tea. These go so far beyond the Tetley, PG tips and Yorkshire that I'm not sure if tea is the right word. I asked everyone's friend mr google and herbal tea is described as tea-like, so there you go I am having a mid week tea-like time.

Forever nuts (apple, almonds, cinnamon, beetroot) tea-like on the left and green and fruity (rooibos, papaya, apple and mango- the fruit, not the cat) tea on the right.

Yesterday I went out on the water once again, this time I went diving and assisted the lionfish research team. First we conducted fish surveys on a patch reef, followed by lionfish counts and then a lionfish removal. Lionfish are from the Indo-Pacific and are not native to the Caribbean. They eat a lot of juvenile fish that are important for fisheries such as the snapper and grouper. So these are a huge conservation concern and removals also allow a stomach content analysis and other data to be collected. They also taste very good too, and are a guilt free fish to eat from these reefs! After I nice long dive I warmed up with some hot tea!

Lionfish, the uninvited guest that never leaves!

Today it's back at my desk for some writing time, and the verdict of my tea-likes today? Well, last night I had a nice mug of forever nuts and despite it looking like breakfast cereal it was really strong, sweet and nice to drink. Ten this afternoon the green and fruity smells so lovely and tastes good too. So, tea - like isn't so bad after all!



No comments:

Post a Comment