Thursday 28 February 2013

What do I do? My thesis in 5 minutes, try Prezi



Apart from eating Lionfish on Saturday evenings, I am still running along with the PhD, but what is it all about, and what am I actually doing?  Well, recently I went to Toronto for a conference and presented my work in a 5 minute jargon free overview.  Instead of powerpoint, I decided on the alternative, Prezi.  A zooming, visual, more exciting, storytelling way of describing things.

So if you have ever pretended to concentrate while someone is telling you what they do for their PhD, but you actually don't know what they are saying and really you are planning your escape.....here is a 5 min alternative, a story about what I do.  I thought I would share it, mid week before our next lionfish adventure at the weekend!

thanks! Kate

http://prezi.com/j6i4w_0abukq/five-minute-thesis-this-area-is-closed-but-what-about-the-fish/?kw=view-j6i4w_0abukq&rc=ref-29778405

No comments:

Post a Comment