Friday 7 December 2012

Tea and research in Africa

Today's tea is called creme brûlée, a name deriving from the creamy colour and taste of this tea. It is a Rooibos, or red bush tea from Africa. This one is mixed with safflowers and marigold. I had to ask mr google what safflowers were. It is a thistle like plant with yellow flowers. Despite looking like something you would sweep up from a farmers hay field, it tastes really good. Although, being caffeine free, I will have to drink some black tea later on! But for an evening or lazy afternoon drink, yummy.

Creamy dreamy drink to relax in the day!

This had me thinking about one of my other thesis chapters that I wrote over the summer from my research interviewing fishers on Mafia island, Tanzania. In its second draft stage now, I am hoping this will be able to become a published paper soon, and the first finished piece in my thesis. But, it has to pass the supervisor test first, and that means in my inbox one day will be a word document filled with red, all part of the process to becoming a better writer!

Mafia Island is a wonderful place, and one I hope to return to in the future. It seems to be that the more you travel, the more places you want to go........the list of places and ideas I have had for honeymoon destinations is making poor Jason unable to keep up!! He did say no to spending it at a tea plantation though!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment