Thursday 20 December 2012

Wanted....a new research assistant!

Yesterday i had a lovely new black tea behind the quickly emptying windows. It was one of my favourites! A pretty fun tea called read my lips. It has peppermint, dark chocolate and little cute red lip sprinkles in it. It may not be the fanciest of teas but for fun, and a lovely chocolate and caffeine mixture it certainly does the job and makes you smile!

Today is a green tea with kiwi fruit in it, enough said about that one.

The advent calendar is emptying, there have been many parties, lots of online shopping and shipping to different countries, and now, the last few working days until Christmas! Tomorrow, Jason and I are leaving for Christmas with his side of the family in Ohio. We will be leaving 28 degrees, and going to 3 degrees! I have packed lots of socks and jumpers! It will be my first Christmas in America, so this is very exciting, although I will miss being in the UK, I am certainly looking forward to being in Ohio this year.

The last few days have been filled with sorting through references for another one of my chapters, which can be annoyingly tedious ( hence the need for lots of tea). The benefits to my working from home, in the Bahamas, are many. I have my own windows that overlook a palm tree and a sugar plum tree ( not a brick wall like in Canada) and I can work at my desk, or If I have a research paper to read I can go outside a sit in the hammock to read it! I do miss my office buddies though so they should move down here!

The tediousness and amount of some of my work makes me wish for a research assistant to help, however I had one applicant apply, but I don't think he is going to work out, he seems a little lazy (see photo!)

I think my new research assistant is slacking on the job!


Finally, I found a tea joke that would be rude not to share! (by mensch freborg)

How long does it take to ship tea from China?

Oolong time!



No comments:

Post a Comment