Tuesday 18 December 2012

The ups and downs of tea

Well, the mince pies went down really well at our mulled wine and mince pie party, all were eaten and lots of warm spiced wine enjoyed.  I dressed the tree outside with lights, Jason built a fire and it was lovely.  Even the small hiccup of Jason bringing me a courgette (zucchini) instead of a cucumber for the Pimms was saved by friends bringing their own cucumber!! (no quick corner shop here)

The lost tea was found (it was in with the spices section of course), it was very nice and minty and all was lovely.  

Yesterday afternoon I went out again to assist with reef surveys and lionfish removals and was excited to discover a little gem behind the window of joy.  A lovely little tea called Checkmate.  Brilliant name, it is a mix of black an white tea, with coconut and chamomile flowers.  Like a beautiful little chessboard.  I loved it so much I took some more on the boat and passed it around between out dives.  

Checkmate
its so pretty that here is a picture.    http://www.davidstea.com/check-mate

And then today, the window revealed a tea called Toasted Walnut.  Yes, with the walnut giving a christmassy feel, and it did smell good, I thought it may be nice, but mixing green tea with walnuts, nut brittle and pineapple...what are they thinking!  yuk, not good at all.  Stop making this tea!  So a rubbish tea, and a not so fun day at the office when a conference call had one of those "technical difficulties" and around 20 academia, industry, and NGO partners waiting on hearing my research updates couldn't hear me! Very frustrating.  What was brilliant though was that this software is called the Big Blue Button, which was aptly renamed the Big Blue Bust by my supervisor. 

I also found one grey hair hiding around the normal coloured hairs!!! So to make this day a little funnier, here is a little tea related joke = you got to love tea jokes!!




No comments:

Post a Comment