Monday 3 December 2012

Cup of tea advent calendar in The Bahamas

Tea, yummy tea and the lovely blue sea.....a lovely way to work on a PhD!

Fun times helping Ian with his masters research, and we get a Tiger shark on the drum line, beautiful shark, with such amazing markings!  (photo by Tracy Strauch)

I'm back again in The Bahamas after a 2 1/2 month multi-country journey of South Korea, UK and Canada. After the whirlwind fun of The IUCN congress in Jeju, I settled down to some work back at Memorial University for October- November. A full and useful six weeks of committee meetings, data gathering, organizing, learning GIS, writing and another conference in Newfoundland, and lots of networking. It was great to see everyone once again from the office too and see how everyone is progressing in the science world


While away, Jason built me a lovely workspace for my new home office and now I have been able to set up my full workstation complete with my much needed 3 screens ( desktop, laptop and iPad!) and books. Now I have no excuse to sit still and write away with the next sections of my PhD work.



And, while in Canada I found what is the most exciting thing you can buy in Canada, an advent calendar with tea! A wonderful idea from David's Tea, a different lovely fancy tea for every day. First I had a buttered rum, a creamy black tea mixed with coconut and cornflowers, yesterday was chocolate rocket a mate tea that kept me awake and writing all day! Today is a rooibos chai, mmmm, i'm going to go and make a cup now and then will enjoy while I write!

Will let you know what tea tomorrow brings.....

December is exciting, and sunny (sorry!).



No comments:

Post a Comment